Author Topic: Welcome to a Post-Racial America!  (Read 117232 times)

Lasse

• God Member
  • Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to a Post-Racial America!
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
actually addresses racism against whites. Their message: You're not necessarily a racist if you don't like movies by the Wayans brothers and other black films. Good to know.

Okay, I'll stop now before my head explodes.
"Nourish the inner aspect."  - Gwyneth Paltrow

Jim

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »
'COPS' Creator Reveals Intentional Distortions on Race and Crime

Political correctness dictates that many subjects related to race -- which, admittedly are often delicate and complex -- should be quietly swept under the rug by polite society.  Unbowed by the taboo, Ben Shapiro confronts both race and political correctness in his new book, Primetime Propaganda.  Ben has provided another short clip exclusively to Townhall, this time featuring an interview he conducted with John Langley, the creator of the long-running FOX program, COPS.   Langley says he's irked by some media critics who accuse the show of perpetuating stereotypes about "people of color" by depicting a disproportionate percentage of minority suspects.  Au Contraire, Langley protests, he intentionally shows an inordinate number of white suspects in order to side-step the facts. "I show more white people than, statistically, what the truth is."

(Link via C. Brandt)

Jim

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 13, 2011, 06:40:04 PM »
When blacks and Hispanics clash in bloody ethnic battles, it sure peels the bullshit off the Noble Lie that "racism" is something only white people do:

Huge San Jose brawl, stabbing after Music in the Park may have been race war

A brawl that left five teens with stab wounds or other injuries may have been a race battle or a turf war sparked between two large groups after the popular downtown Music in the Park event, police said Friday....

Garcia said detectives are looking into the possibility the fight was a race or turf war, noting half the group was Hispanic and the other half was black. He said the groups, which exchanged words before the fight, might have simply been "posturing."

Nick

• God Member
  • The Devil you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 13, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »
Now, here's the element to a story like this that goes completely unconsidered and unexplored. I think it's safe to assume that in a public restaurant that has degenerated into a bloody battleground for Negroes and Hispanics that no Whites can safely tread there. Truth is, these dusky goons are chopping up each other only because they ran the horrified Honkies off long ago. Believe me, not even the most guilt-laden White peacenik would step an earth shoe into the eye of that deadly mudslide. But why not ... is the denial of a public eatery to White visitors through sheer racial intimidation any different from a Black being denied a seat at a 1960's Southern lunch counter? Where are all the noisy, dedicated "freedom marchers" who are hell-bent on getting some white butts planted on the benches of this unfeeling corporate establishment? Diversity, it seems, is not the bright free-flowing fairness highway it's routinely represented to be ... it's a dark ... very dark ... one way street.
The first sign of sanity is rebellion.

Lasse

• God Member
  • Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 11, 2011, 10:11:02 AM »
Ironic Effects of Anti-Prejudice Messages

"In experiment one; participants were randomly assigned one of two brochures to read: an autonomy brochure or a controlling brochure. These brochures discussed a new campus initiative to reduce prejudice. A third group was offered no motivational instructions to reduce prejudice. The authors found that, ironically, those who read the controlling brochure later demonstrated more prejudice than those who had not been urged to reduce prejudice. Those who read the brochure designed to support personal motivation showed less prejudice than those in the other two groups.

In experiment two, participants were randomly assigned a questionnaire, designed to stimulate personal or controlling motivation to reduce prejudice. The authors found that those who were exposed to controlling messages regarding prejudice reduction showed significantly more prejudice than those who did not receive any controlling cues."

Erik

• God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 28, 2011, 03:45:38 PM »
NewsOne, news for Black eyes only, presents:

The Top Ten White Terrorists of All-Time[/url]

Erik

• God Member
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to a Post-Racial America!]
« Reply #771 on: July 28, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »
NewsOne is part of the BlackPlanet Universe.

The Chief Content Officer is named Smokey D. Fontaine.

I don't think he's Black enough to be head muckety muck of the BlackPlanet Universe. What's Yaphet Kotto up to these days?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:10:42 PM by Erik »

Erik

• God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 03, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
Marvel Comics reveals the new Spider Man is black - and he could be gay in the future[/url]

He started life as a white science geek living with his uncle.

But now to reflect the racial changes in America Spider Man has been given a makeover - as a half black half Latino teen.

Miles Morales has replaced Peter Parker as the face behind the famous webbed mask, Marvel Comics has revealed.

I don't know -- he looks kinda gay in the present.

Jim

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 03, 2011, 01:16:48 PM »
Wouldn't "Roach Man" or "Cucaracha Muchacho" be more apt?

Nick

• God Member
  • The Devil you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 03, 2011, 01:24:16 PM »
You bet ... and they could cast human insect Flava Flav
as the nightcrawling nobleman :

The first sign of sanity is rebellion.

Carlos

• God Member
  • Deeper and deeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 04, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
Marvel Comics reveals the new Spider Man is black - and he could be gay in the future[/url]

He started life as a white science geek living with his uncle.

But now to reflect the racial changes in America Spider Man has been given a makeover - as a half black half Latino teen.

Miles Morales has replaced Peter Parker as the face behind the famous webbed mask, Marvel Comics has revealed.

I don't know -- he looks kinda gay in the present.

In my teens I was a big Marvel fan and recall when the "Ultimate" universe first launched. It was annoying because Ultimate X-Men played a major role in the cancellation of my favorite comic book series at the time, Generation X. The "Ultimate" universe is pretty much an alternate reality in which all characters are in their teens and discovering their powers in the 21st century as opposed to the 1970s. It should be noted that the real Spider-Man isn't dead, just the "Ultimate" version.

This isn't the first time Marvel's reimagined the fate of their most beloved characters. I remember the "MC2" universe, in which Captain America was replaced with a chick. Marvel's 1602 storyline was kinda cool, but eventually I got sick of so many retellings of the same character's origins. Although, years ago in a What If? issue (or some other Marvel-approved sketchbook or some shit) an artist had suggested that the original Captain America wouldn't have been a white guy, but rather, a black guy as it would seem illogical for the government to use an Aryan citizen as a lab rat. That made sense to me.

Given that, I'm all for more gay Latin superheros. Blatino, though? Not sure about that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:57:40 PM by Carlos »

Lasse

• God Member
  • Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 08, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
'Tea Party Zombies Must Die' Video Game Lets Players Kill Off Conservatives

Other characters in the first-person shooter include the "Generic Pissed Off Old White Guy Zombie," the "Pissed Off Stupid White Trash Redneck Birther Zombie" and the "Express Racist Views Anonymously On The Internet Modern Klan Zombie," who dons the remains of a KKK robe as he wanders around with a sign that describes President Barack Obama as a Muslim

Hey, I thought violent rhetoric and imagery was a no-no after the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords. Maybe video games doesn't count.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:03:40 PM by Lasse »

Jim

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 08, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »
That, along with oodles of other examples, will be part of Saturday's "By the Editors" piece at Taki's Mag.

Nate

• God Member
  • Goddamn internet.
    • View Profile
    • The NATE Project
« Reply #778 on: September 08, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »
'Tea Party Zombies Must Die' Video Game Lets Players Kill Off Conservatives

Other characters in the first-person shooter include the "Generic Pissed Off Old White Guy Zombie," the "Pissed Off Stupid White Trash Redneck Birther Zombie" and the "Express Racist Views Anonymously On The Internet Modern Klan Zombie," who dons the remains of a KKK robe as he wanders around with a sign that describes President Barack Obama as a Muslim

Hey, I thought violent rhetoric and imagery was a no-no after the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords. Maybe video games doesn't count.

A few of the comments from HuffPo's compassionate liberal base:

"For all the crybaby conservati­ves, this is a fictional game! However your teabag party's call for a "second amendment solution" to Obama is very real. We play you kill, ask Rep. Giffords"

"Are there still people out there that think the tea party isn't just the modern day version of the klan??"

"You did not put Rick Perry in the Video game and also you forgot Mr. Karl Rove too."

"Take your own medicine tea party!"

"I find it very insulting.­....to Zombies. I believe they should stop chasing people and eating brains until the humiliatin­g comparison between them and the right wing has ended.

Don't retreat...­....."

"I played - its nice that they fit informatio­n between levels."

"The new axis of evil, Iran, N.Korea, The Tea Party! ! ! Like John Mccain would say BOMB, BOMB, BOMB"
[/i]

Erik

• God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 08, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »

Does this mean it's okay for me to design a Congressional Black Caucus Whack-A-Mole game?